If you're one of those people who orders lots of stuff from the Internet and waits with baited breath by the door every morning only to be disappointed when all that comes into the mailbox is another bill, then you may want to check out Delivery Status. The nice-looking Dashboard widget gives you information about the status of your delivery from numerous carriers, including Amazon, DHL and UPS.
Firstly, you get details of the expected time of arrival. Thereupon, you can check the exact location of a package at the time, along with the amount of time left before it's safely in your hands - all from your Dashboard. You can even set the widget to provide you with automatic updates when the status of your delivery changes. Although the database of shipping companies is far from comprehensive, Delivery Status provides a great way for impatient people to see where their order is. It also saves all the hassle and cost of checking with the carrier every five minutes.
- DPD UK and TNT Express Australia are now supported.
- Improvements for FedEx, Canada Post, and other services in OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Improved tracking number detection.
- Fixed a bug where the wrong field might have been selected briefly when flipping the widget over.
- The icon is no longer blank in OS X 10.5.8.